Sunday, June 10, 2007

Fathers and Sons 2007








Last weekend the boys and I packed up the truck for our annual fathers and sons camp out. This year the location was at the Wasatch State Park. This is near Midway, Utah, right next to the Wasatch golf course. The campground is private and is only used by the park rangers assigned to the area. We happen to have a ranger in our Elders Quorum presidency. The campground was awesome. Lots of shade and grass, picnic tables, electricity and plumbing. I guess you could say we were a little spoiled. Nonetheless, we were still subject to the rest of natures elements; spiders, bees, ants, dirt and smoke. In fact, as I was retiring for bed that night I found myself squeezing my pant leg and I heard something crunch between my fingers. I took off my pants and found a spider the size of nickle, that I had smashed. It sort of creeped me out. Well, we arrived on Friday afternoon. We were the first ones to arrive. We picked a spot to setup our tent. Being first to arrive has it's advantages. The tent went up rather quickly. So the boys went off exploring while my bro. in law Dave, and I, organized our preparations for dinner. We usually go all out for the dinner meal. Dave brought 4 rib eye steaks, two plates of cut up potatoes and veggies, and 2 packages of bratwurst. I brought 2 slabs of baby back ribs, and corn on the cob. If we weren't such pigs, we could have fed the entire camp that night. Dave and I love a great barbecue. Brock was very careful about how much food he ate. On our last camp out he pigged out, and I ended up paying the price that night by cleaning throw up in the tent in the middle of the night. We took every precaution to make sure that didn't happen again this year. The boys found themselves whittling pieces of wood most of that evening. Brock and Logan both have their own pocket knives. Boys this age are so infatuated with knives. Fortunately we didn't loose any fingers.


1 comment:

The BC Fam said...

Cute! Chase and Aiden would have loved to be there!