Monday, April 28, 2008

Dallin and his binki

This weekend we told Dallin we were getting ride of the binkis. We took him to the Disney store and let him pick any thing he wanted and that he had to give the lady all his binkis in return. We were not sure how this was going to go over because he loves his binkis. He was very brave and gave the lady at the Disney store all of them. He was very excited to get home and play with all his new toys. After about an hour of playing he began asking for his binki. I reminded him he gave them all away. He was sad for just a day, but now he doesn't even ask for them anymore. It was a great way for us to say goodbye to the binkis. Now I just have to get him potty trained. I don't think that's going to be as easy.



10 comments:

The BC Fam said...

ohhhh, what a brave little guy! He's so sweet! That was a great idea to say goodbye to the binks! Can't wait to see Logan in a few weeks!!

Pat said...

I think you found a perfect way to get rid of his binkys. I bet you can use the same thing for potty training. It might cost a little more money because they need a reward every time they go for a long time. You will have to find something he loves. Maybe the mints I have down stairs that he loves so much.

Michelle said...

Ooohhh.... that's so sweet! What a great idea! Poor little guy, I bet that was hard but how amazing that he got over it so quick! YAY!

Cindy said...

You're an inspiration! What a great way to do it...Camden needs to be rid of his. But I think it's me that's having the hard time.

Jen and Kent said...

What a brilliant idea!! I was lucky that little Jake doesn't care too much about binkis. I dread doing the whole potty training thing again though!

Michelle said...

What a great idea! I'm so glad it worked so good...let me know how it goes with potty training, I haven't had any luck with Parker yet. :(

bulkleybunch said...

he is so freaking cute!! it makes you almost want to have another boy-right? love ya, where have you been?!

Shea said...

Brittany, fabulous idea! I've got to figure out a way to get Landry to sleep in his own bed, still don't know yet.

Glad the Disney store idea worked for Dallin!

hknight said...

That is the best idea ever! where on earth did you come up with that?

Suzy said...

I found your site through your sister. I hope that is ok. I think we need to get to know each other better. Our boys are pretty close in age. Any way...this is ingenious! If you think of cool potty training ideas too, let me know. That's my struggle right now...he's so stubborn. Anyway, you can check out our blog at suzyqzoo.blogspot.com